I know what your thinking. “Really?! Avocado in ice cream?”
I always have tons of avocados around the house, and sadly, they go bad very, very quickly. Right before they go bad, I freeze them so I always have extra on hand to add to a smoothie or to my daughter’s baby food.
This week, I made baked cinnamon pears and thought, why not combine the two to make an interesting ice cream? The sweet pear with the honey and cinnamon actually makes the avocado taste wonderful. Also, this is the perfect balance of sweetness and healthy fats that can help curb whatever craving you may have!
Avocado Pear Ice Cream
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 pear
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- Dice up the pear and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the pears with cinnamon and freeze.
- Dice the avocado and freeze, as well.
- Using the Dessert Bullet, add the frozen pear and avocado cubes, alternating with the honey, down the chute.
- Turn on and press down.
- Catch the ice cream in a bowl and enjoy.
-Anna O’Steen of Lovely Lady Cakes