This delightful recipe screams fun with family! Whether you’re out having fun in the sun or cooped up due to bad weather, you can make these and enjoy not only the bonding experience in the kitchen, but the tasty spoils afterward. You can use any cake to sandwich these bad boys together, but I choose sweet and guilt-free carrot cake. Use delicious homemade vanilla bean ice cream for the center and we are talking F-U-N.
Let me know how messy you got? Or how fast you had to eat them before they melted! Here in Texas they melted pretty fast, but thank goodness we could rinse off in the cool sprinklers of the splash pad.
Watch my “How To make Carrot Cake” on YouTube and Subscribe!
You will need a round or square pan, a 3″ round cookie cutter, a serrated knife, and a plastic cup.
Carrot Cake Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. coca powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup oil
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients.
- In stand mixer or bowl, blend the eggs.
- Add the vanilla, brown sugar, sugar, oil and blend.
- Add the dry ingredients in small batches, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the carrots and raisins and mix well.
- Pour batter into a round or square pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let them cool.
- Once cooled, use the cookie cutter and cut a round shape of the cake. If the cake is not flat, try shaving off from the bottom to make it flat.
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 cup low-fat organic cottage cheese (or plain or Greek yogurt)
- ½ tsp. liquid stevia extract
- the seeds of 1 vanilla bean or ¼ tsp. vanilla paste
- In a bowl, add the ingredients and mix together.
- Pour into ice cube trays to freeze.
- Once frozen, add the cubes to the Dessert Bullet chute.
- Press down and catch the ice cream in a plastic cup.
- Let it melt just a bit to get rid of any air bubbles and freeze once again.
- Once the ice cream is frozen in the cup, use a serrated knife cut the cup into 1″ cross sections.
- Pull the cup off around the ice cream to make a perfect circle.
- Sandwich between two rounds of carrot cake for the perfect ice cream sandwich.
- Wrap in wax paper and freeze for your party later or enjoy immediately!
-Anna O’Steen of Lovely Lady Cakes