Do you ever find yourself in the mood for Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream? Do you crave that classic, chilling mouth feel, refreshing flavor and creamy texture, but without all the heavy cream, sugar and artificial food coloring? If you said, “Yes!” … well, your prayers have been answered.
This healthy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is creamy, sweet, minty fresh, with chocolate in every bite – except it’s healthy and all natural (no artificial food coloring whatsoever!)
Not to mention, it’s also low fat, low sugar, high protein and gluten free.
There is another Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream recipe, but, personally, I am not a fan of the banana+mint combo. Some love it, some hate it, so this recipe gives you a nice variation.
This Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is:
–Purely minty, bright, sweet, cooling and refreshing
–Surprisingly creamy (not icy, just creamy!)
–Deliciously chocolatey with a chunk of chocolate in every spoonful
–Secretly healthy (you’d never know it’s low fat, low calorie and low sugar!)
This is a must-make recipe. So grab your favorite spoon (everyone has a favorite spoon, right?) and let’s get eatin’!
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese (preferably organic)
- ½ tsp vanilla flavored liquid stevia extract (I used SweetLeaf)
- ½ tsp Alcohol-Free Mint Flavor
- 2-4 drops natural green food coloring or liquid chlorophyll (optional, just for color)
- 1-2 tsp Mini Dark Chocolate Chips* (I used EnjoyLife!)
*I prefer my chocolate chips as a topping rather than being mixed inside the ice cream.
- In a small bowl, stir together all of the ingredients. Scoop the mixture into an ice cube tray or silicone cube mold (silicone molds work best for easy cube removal). Freeze until solid.
- Thaw the frozen cubes for ~20 minutes, then place them inside the Dessert Bullet chute.
- Place a bowl under the Dessert Bullet spout, then turn the machine on. Gently press down on the plunger until the ice cream starts to come out. Feel free to run the ice cream through the machine again if it isn’t 100% smooth the first time around.
- Serve with a sprig of mint and a sprinkle of extra mini dark chocolate chips, or serve with spoons alone. Enjoy!
Yields 1 large serving.
Calories per serving: 205
Fat per serving: 5.5g
Protein per serving: 26g
You won’t believe it at first sight, but after one bite you’ll be an unwavering believer in magic! 😉
-Jessica Stier of Desserts with Benefits