The holidays are long gone… BUT, you can still enjoy the classic flavors of Pecan Pie in the form of ice cream. It’s not unhealthy, full of excess calories, fat and sugar. Best of all, it’s delicious!
The ice cream is smooth, sweet and creamy, with a slight crunch from the chopped pecans. With a drizzle of pure maple syrup at the end, es magnifico!
Pecan Pie Ice Cream
- 1 cup low fat organic cottage cheese
- 4 packets natural sweetener (I used PureVia) (or ~3 Tbsp pure maple syrup)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tbs chopped pecans
- Stir together all the ingredients and scoop the mixture into an ice cube tray or silicone cube mold (silicone molds work best for easy cube removal). Freeze until solid.
- Thaw the frozen cubes for ~15 minutes, then place them inside the Dessert Bullet chute.
- Place a large bowl under the spout, then turn the machine on. Gently press down on the plunger until the ice cream starts to come out.
- Run the ice cream through the Dessert Bullet one more time.
- Scoop the ice cream into serving bowls. Serve with more chopped pecans, a drizzle of pure maple syrup, or spoons alone. Enjoy!
Yields 1 large serving.
Calories per serving: 230
Fat per serving: 8g
Carbohydrates per serving: 15g
Protein per serving: 26.5g
-Jessica Stier of Desserts with Benefits