Spicy Ginger Molasses ice Cream – super spicy, slightly sweet, and ULTRA creamy.
This ice cream will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. It’s infused with comforting flavors that remind me of the holidays, like molasses, ginger, and cinnamon.
Those winter days may be gone, but in this hot heat, this ice cream is perfect! Better yet, it isn’t unhealthy and full of fat and sugar like those “typical” holiday desserts.
Oh yes, I’m serious.
This ice cream is creamy and satisfying, even without the heavy cream, eggs, white sugar and corn syrup! 😀
Spicy Ginger Molasses Ice Cream
- 1 cup low-fat organic cottage cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 packets natural sweetener* (PureVia, Truvia, etc.)
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- tiny pinch of ground cloves
*This ice cream is more spicy than sweet. If you want a sweet and spicy ice cream, I’d recommend using 4-5 packets.
- Stir together all the ingredients and scoop into an ice cube tray or silicone cube mold (silicone molds work best for easy cube removal). Freeze until solid.
- Thaw the frozen cubes for ~15 minutes. Place the frozen cubes inside the Dessert Bullet chute.
- Place a large bowl under the spout, then turn the machine on. Gently press down on the plunger until the ice cream starts to come out.
- Run the ice cream through the Dessert Bullet one more time.
- Scoop the ice cream into serving bowls. Serve with graham crackers, gingersnaps, chopped pecans, or spoons alone. Enjoy!
Yields 1 large serving.
Calories per serving: 225
Fat per serving: 4g
Carbohydrates per serving: 21g
Protein per serving: 26g
-Jessica Stier of Desserts with Benefits