The strawberry-banana combo is one of my favorites. It reminds me of strawberry sorbet, but with a delicious, delectable, subtle creaminess to it. After making it one day for my kids, I thought it would be fun to turn it into a pie and slice it up for them when they asked for something sweet. Trick’s on them – this one’s healthy, too!
I loved seeing the look on their faces when they were getting “ice cream” just because! It’s healthy enough that you can serve it whenever without any of the guilt! Top it with whipped cream and chopped dark chocolate and you are in for a real treat!
Strawberry Sorbet Pie
- 1 ½ cup strawberries, frozen and thawed for about 5-7 minutes
- 1 large banana, frozen and diced, thawed for about 3-5 minutes
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, pre-made
- Run the strawberries and bananas through the Dessert Bullet (separately) and into a medium bowl. Fold the ice creams together until combined and creamy.
- Pour ice cream into the pie crust and set in the freezer until frozen.
- When ready to eat, allow the pie to thaw for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- Top with whipped cream, chopped chocolate, or a drizzle of honey!
-Ari Morasco of The Diva Dish